May 1, 2006

'Anyway' by Mother Teresa

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self centred;
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and true enemies;
Succeed anyway.
If you are honest, it will make you vulnerable and they might cheat you;
Be honest anyway
What you spent years building, they may destroy overnight;
Build anyway.
The good you do today, they often will forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and it will never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.
You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God;
It was never between you and them, Anyway.

I love this poem. It makes me re-evaluate the things I do and question the things I don't. I love the part about building. Its so true that people may never value the things we build or tear it down in the physical sense, but i want to build the things that are eternal. Because in the end, its between me and God, not me and them!

1 comment:

Tanya said...

So true...so true...thanks for sharing this, I've never heard it before.