Nov 9, 2007

Me of Little Faith



"Lord, if it's you," Peter replied, "Tell me to come to you on the water."
"Come," he said.
Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!"
Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?"
Matthew 14:28-31
Recently, God has spoken into some tough places of my heart and shown me some areas that have caused a little bit of a stunt in my growth.
This verse really impacted me today.
The highlighted parts were what I wanted to emphasize.
The story is in 6 parts and each one spoke volumes to me.
1. Peter (Ruth) wants God to prove himself real
2.God calls Peter (Ruth) to come to him
3.Peter (Ruth) experiences a miracle
4. Peter (Ruth) sees the wind and is afraid and starts to sink
5. Immediately Jesus is there to save
6. Jesus asks "Why do you doubt
I live in a subjective reality where whats real to me is not always what IS real!
God has been challenging me to not accept my perception of who He is, but to know Him through the Word; to know the very character and heart of God; the heart that says come, that creates miracles, who wants me to trust and know that He is always there to save.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

That was well written Ruth! Thanks for sharing. It spoke volumes to me as well!

Darci said...

So insightful :)