Sep 5, 2008

Today...

Today was a day with active, energetic, fun boys.
But it was also a day of strong wills, a few tantrums, attitudes, gigantic messes, spilled milk & so much cleaning I should go into business
(*note: last statement was sarcasm)
As I dealt with each issue with the grace & poise of Supernanny(NOT), I found myself feeling like God was dealing with me!
Every day, He is faced with my strong will, tantrums & my stinkin, rotten attitude!
He teaches me about patience, love & mercy!
Though I am undeserving, His grace is ready & available with endless supply.
I am so far from perfection, that sometimes I wonder if I'll ever get it right,
but Jesus' love never fails me!
He has taught me that behind every strong will there is a leader that needs to be taught how to lead. Behind every tantrum there is a heart that needs to come under the rulership of Christ. Behind every attitude there is a life that needs to live inside the Fathers arms. Because then the attitude is turned into godly character.

So I will look back on the events of today with gratitude. Because, in the midst of life's happenings, God loved me enough to take the time to teach me about my own heart & His faithfullness.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Like you said, it is sometimes hard in the middle of life's happenings to handle things with grace and obedience.
I've been challenged a lot lately.
Thanks for sharing.
:)

Gwen said...

Good call, Ruth. And it's amazing to me that God never holds grudges for yesterday's attitude/disobedience/tantrums. Every day is a totally fresh start... I'm so grateful!

starla said...

thanks, as usual, your post was something i needed.