Aug 5, 2009

Love...

Mark and I were listening to a new U2 song and there was this line...

'I want a love that is as hard as hate'

I am floored by that. What would the world look like, what would we look like if we loved as hard as people hated. I want to be like that....always! The last little while has been a journey (it seems I'm always on one) of forgiveness for me. Really forgiving, not just with my words, but with my heart. God has allowed me to experience hurt, like the real, gut-wrenching kind. And when I say allowed, its because I'm learning that in all these things, my Heavenly Fatheris committed to changing my heart. I wanted to pull the blankets over my head and cry the month away, but Love wouldn't let me. I am thankful that His love for me is harder than hate, because where would I be if He didn't love me enough to change me?

post signature

1 comment:

Anita said...

I really believe that the root of all hate is fear.
Its so much easier to turn fear into hate because it doesn't require a person to do anything except of course, remain afraid.
Pushing past the fear and working hard to come to a place of understanding or at least acceptance (acceptance of the thing itself, or even just acceptance of why it triggers a person so much), takes a hell of a lot more work, but is what changes our world... in my opinion...

I've had one hell of a week too. We'll have to have a chick flick, chocolate binging, crying eyes out night :) I think it helps to let it all out, even if its ugly.

By the way, I have really grown to respect you, and like you a LOT :) Your personality, drive, humor, openness... and a heck of a lot of other things. I have a feeling we'll have a great friendship :)