Sep 5, 2009


"Obedience to the call of Christ nearly always costs everything to two people- the one who is called, and the one who loves that one."

This year has been full of alot of joy, but also a lot of hardship. If I didn't have Mark, I don't know what I'd do. He reminds me that God is my defender. He is an incredible encouragement. He knows how to lift me out of negativity and show me the Truth about my situation and who I am. There have been some things I've been walking through and God's Word has been a continual comfort to me:

"And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."- Romans 5:1

"Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory. I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed."- Romans 8:17-19

Its a journey to come to the place where I can embrace sufferings. I know you know how I feel.
It is never easy to say, 'Bring on the pain!'...in any area. But when we can get to that place, I have a feeling that we'll see great things!!

3 comments:

Lynnie Ha said...

i hear ya. amen!

starla said...

Love you guys so much! I hope you know how much we support and pray for you two! And thanks for sharing all that God teaches you, many of my spiritual growth spurts have been from listening to you share your heart!

Anita said...

<3
You've been on my mind a lot lately! (not in a creepy stalker way... well, maybe a bit creepy stalker... mwahhahahahaaaa).
Looking forward to hanging out.