Feb 18, 2014

If I could do it over...



My son is 3 1/2. The time goes by so very, heartbreakingly fast. I feel like I've missed so many moments that I can never get back. I found this online & I loved its honesty. Its how I'm feeling...

If I could do it over...

I would have lectured less and listened more.

I would have sat on the lawn with my children and not worried about grass stains.

I would have cherished every silly story & wide-eyed wonder.

I would have had more patience & self control.

I would have chosen gentleness & words seasoned with grace.

I would have taken every opportunity to hold my child close.

 
I would have let the dishes wait a moment, when my child wanted to share something important to them.

When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, "Later. Now go get washed up for dinner."

There would have been many more "I love you's" and "I'm sorry's"

I would have never let them be on the receiving end of frustration or anger

I would have let my child know, every single day, that they mean the world to me. That my heart is so full because they have a home there & that I am blessed & so grateful that God gave them to me.

. . . but mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute . . .
look at it and really see it . . . and never give it back.”  



I see Fin growing up faster than I am comfortable with. I know that feeling in me will never change. He was our miracle. He was the greatest gift I have ever been given. To entrust a little life into hands that all to often don't realize what it is they are holding.

I have the chance now to change the "would have's" into "I will's".

While I still can.

4 comments:

amanda + daniel said...

These pictures & that poem are so sweet. You are a wonderful mama & Fin is so blessed to have so much love in his life. I'm thankful we got to meet him (again, now that he's a real boy!) this summer & look forward to playdates with him & Cedar one day!

Unknown said...

MaxiMove LTD are a family run removal company offering home removals and same-day collection and delivery services at a competitive price. It's our goal to listen to our customers and put their requirements first and to provide you with an efficient, reliable and personalised service ensuring your moving day runs smoothly.
will a washing machine fit in my car
will a washing machine fit in my car

amith said...

Checkout Unbreakable Friendship Bond Captions for Instagram

Sarah J. said...

Web Development