Jul 24, 2006

Our Megs

This is Megan. Most of you know her, some of you don't. I babysat her for 2 years while her mom, our good friend Carmen was going to school. Megan was a gift from God to Mark and I. She lit up our lives like only she can. God knew I needed a love outlet and a love inlet. She provided both. She let me love on her and she filled both of our lives with a childs love which was exactly what my heart needed. The grief that comes from struggling to have a baby really wears on your heart. Megan was a healing balm to those hurting places. I always say to Mark, "I can't imagine loving our own child more than I love Megan." and its true. I can't imagine loving someone more than I love her. I feel like she's my own. I'm so grateful that Carmen and Dave let me have her for that season in my life. It was God's perfect timing. When I get discouraged and overwhelmed with not having a baby, I remember that time with Megs and I know the faitfulness of God!












2 comments:

Jenny said...

What a beautiful and special relationship you have with this little girl!! You both are very lucky!!!

Tanya said...

Ruth and Mark,

You two are such amazing people. The kindness you show to others blows me away. You truly are blessed and these children you love so much are very lucky to have you in their lives.