Mar 21, 2007

Challenge to myself...

The other night, my sister, my mom and I watched Pollyanna. It has been so long and I didn't remember the majority of the movie. But there was a message in that movie that really impacted me. Pollyanna shares a game with everyone she meets called the "Glad Game". When you are faced with a bad situation or with a person who tends to make you scream, instead of speaking that way about it, you choose to see what you can be glad about. Happiness is a conscious choice, not an automatic response. More times than not, my response in a situation is one of pessimism.
NO MORE!!
My challenge to myself is that I will find something in every situation to be happy about. To see the good in people instead of dwelling on their faults. To see what they could be and not what they lack. Because thats how I want people to see me.
So be GLAD!!

4 comments:

Christy said...

Good post Ruth! I will do the same challenge!!

Anonymous said...

Great post. Insiprational. I love the moive Pollyanna. I think I've seen it about 60 times. It was my fav movie when I was little. I think that challenge is something we should all do!!!
Sharon:)

Jenny said...

Yay! It's hard to "keep on the sunny side" of things, but really it's better. I've been dealing with this on a personal level as well.
Thanks so much for sharing...btw my blog is private now, email me at sjstrom@telus.net and I'll add you as a reader!
Take care!

Jenn said...

Ruth you are such an amazing person. I don't know how you do it. I would never pull something out of an movie and make it impact my life. I just don't see life that way. Good for you.