May 8, 2008

May this be me...



is for

The Oak



A thunderous storm got up one night
with pouring rain and forks of light,
gale force winds rushed through the wood,
to where the mighty oak tree stood.

But the old Oak tree it stood its ground
when younger trees fell all around,
ripping branches, tearing bark,
the wind raged on into the park.

The howling tempest raged and spoke
"How are you still standing mighty oak."
The tree replied, I know that you,
could break a branch of mine in two,
shake my limbs, make me sway,
carry all my leaves away.


But my roots are strong and sound,
buried deep into the ground.
blow and blow with all your might,
strike my bough with forks of light.
You'll never beat me for you see,
roots are the deepest part of me,
and I've found out, all thanks to you,
I'm stronger than I ever knew.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Rock on girl!!
Reminds me of one of my favorite songs, I Shall Not Be Moved, Johnny Cash style of course.