Jun 19, 2008

Answers...

1. Name the funniest moment you have had...in great detail!:
This is actually really hard for me to answer, cause it was funny to only me and christy, but back when we were youth we went to Prince George for a youth convention. We were driving somewhere in town and we passed a man walking. As we passed him, he fell, but in the most bizarre way. He kind of tripped & folded in half at the same time. Christy and I were the only ones that saw and we laughed all day about it! And by laugh i mean, crying, snorting, can't catch your breath laughter!!If we talk about it now, its just as funny (and thats almost 10 years ago)

2. Wildest thing you have ever done...

Well, anyone who knows me, knows that I'm wimpy for the most part. But when I was 18, i went to Africa & Malta, and while I was away, I decided I would try things I would never try normally! I went cave swimming (which involves at some point, going under the water cause your head hits the cave ceiling, cause its inches from the water and your hoping that there is an opening along the lines so you don't die! Its hard to explain, but even talking about it makes me feel freaked out! How did I do that!), went to a Turkish Bath House (called a Harem) where people are not clothed at all and bathe all together, went parasailing & cliff jumping! Most of those things terrify me now, but then, I'm not sure what was different! Techincally, I guess those aren't really wild, but they are for me!


p.s. I guess you could throw skinny dipping in there as well!

3. One materialistic item you really really desire.


A home of our own!! I just want a house, partly because thats what we want to buy before we begin the adoption process, so I get a bit anxious! I know God's timing is perfect, but I still get a little antsy!



4. If you had to pick one cooking staple what would it be?
Wow..this is actually a hard question to answer. Cause I automatically want to pick one from every category. But if it could only be one, probably chicken. I have probably made chicken 200 different ways by now. Its fast and easy to cook, and there is endless possibilities
Our fave sauce:
-brown sugar
-crushed or powdered ginger
-ketchup
-soy sauce
load it onto the chicken, cover with foil and cook for 40 minutes...YUMM-O!!

5. What 3 items would you want to have if you were stranded on a desert island?
a. Glamour Item- my eyelash curler (can't live without it...almost an obsession)
b. Safety Item- a knife or machete of some sort to cut trees, evil animals etc...
c. Bible & Blanket (can they tie!?)


6.If you could have any super power what would it be? Would you use it for good or evil? How would it benefit you or man kind?
I would want the ability to see peoples motives. Not their thoughts, just their intentions. I think we get hurt or offended because we don't see peoples real motives. It would give me so much freedom. I would understand why people do things and I could help people do the same & also keep them safe from those who have bad intentions as well!

7. If there was one part on your body that you could put extra weight what would it be?
My wrists..they are pretty boney. And I can afford a little weight there!:)

8. Your most favourite poem in the whole entire world is...??
Good question!! There are so many I love, but my all time fave is:


I Love You, not only for what you are,
But for what I am when I am with you,
Not only for what you have made of yourself,
But for what you are making of me.
I love you for the part of me that you bring out.
I love you for putting your hand into my heaped up heart
And passing over all the foolish, weak things that you can't help,
Plainly seeing there, and for drawing out into the light
All the beautiful belongings that no one else had
Looked quite far enough to find.
I love you because you are helping me
To make of the lumber of my life
Not a tavern, but a temple
To make of the dreams of my life
Not a thought but a reality,
Out of the works of my every day
Not a reproach but a song...
a Love song.

by Roy Croft

This is how I feel about Mark. I still am in awe that God brought me a man like him. He has surpassed every expectation, trumped every list of wantings that I had written and given me a fairy tale!!
9. If you could have anything you ever wanted?? What you you want and what would you do with it??
I know it will sound cheesy, but all I want is a child. I want to be a mother. To experience that would be everything I ever wanted! I would raise it to be like its Daddy, crazy, funny, passionate, loving, a defender of the weak, and a true worshipper!

10.What is your dream guitar??
Well, I just got one for Christmas, and it is like a dream. Its beautiful, and sounds like butter, its so pretty:

Yamaha FG720S

11. Do you have bellybutton lint?

I've never had it in my entire life!!! Ever!

2 comments:

starla said...

Great answers!!!

Anonymous said...

Great answers, Ruth!!