Aug 1, 2008

Our Bedroom...

Our bedroom theme is based on the picture of 'The Kiss' by Gustav Klimt.
The main color is brown (which is our bedding & furniture), & then accents of all the colors in the detailing of the flowers & her dress like orange, green & yellow.

Its my all time fave & I found it recently at Ikea! So its up in our bedroom right now. Its at least 8 ft. tall, so it makes the ultimate head-board/wall hanging! For our room, I like a mix of boho (bohemian=gypsy, hippie, carefree), modern & flea market (the vintage furniture or frames etc..). Bohemian can tend to have a lot of different patterns going on which I'm not a fan of, but I like the comfy, relaxed, inviting atmosphere it gives. I think if you were to narrow it down, I like modern/vintage/simple with boho accents like art, lamps, accessories. I'm sure there's probably a name that is all those aspects combined, but until I find it, I will just call it
'SimVinModHemian' :)
Here are some examples of what I like:







Tomorrow: Mark's Office

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I likey alot! Great taste!