Dec 28, 2008

Ok, friends, this might be a bit of a longer post since there is lots to say. I hope you can stay with me through the whole thing.

First, I had a good christmas. It was relaxing & fun, though I felt heavy hearted (hard to explain and which I don't feel like talking about here) but overall it was good. I always love being with my family. It is a cozy, safe & great place to be. Mark & I hosted Christmas Eve at our house. I made Spinach & Artichoke Dip, Apricot Almond Brie Dip, Sugar Bacon Smokies, Shrimp Dip, Meat & Cheese Platter, Cookies & More. It was yummers! Then we spent the night at my parents. We spent the morning with my parents, then Mark drove to Rupert with his dad to pick up his brother & his wife from the ferry. Then we all had christmas dinner back at his dads! We played Rock Band & had lots of fun. Boxing Day, we took Marks step brother with us & met up with Chris & Christy at Walmart for VERY early sale shopping! Soooo fun!!!!


Second, someone very close brought a stern discipline into my life which was very hard to take, but needed in a big way. I have a tendency to be very insecure when someone corrects me, because I feel like I'm worthless. Its my issue & I am learning to walk in God in this area. Anyways, It is an area that I want to change. It will hinder areas of my life if I let it. And I don't want it to. So that is something I am dealing with right now.


Third, I received a gift certificate for a gym for one month. I am really excited about this, for I am at a very big fork in the road when it comes to my health. I am excited to get control of this thing that has long been out of control. I am believing that His mercies are new EVERY morning! And I want to walk in the freedom that He has given me. So January begins a very hard and exciting adventure.

Ok, so that wasn't as long as I thought it would be. I would have expanded on subjects, but I'm not sure really how many really read this & if you'd even want to hear it, so this is the condensed version.

Love you all!

4 comments:

Princess said...

Oh Ruth, i wish i had gotten to know you better when i lived up there!
God bless you on your path and I'll be praying for you!!

Anonymous said...

Ruth, I read your blog all the time. I know I don't always comment but I love reading whatever you write. Sometimes it makes me cry. That's a good thing. I know I haven't always been the friend you wanted or needed because you are already surrounded by so many amazing people, but if you even need or want to talk to someone I am always here for you. I love you girl and sometimes my heart breaks for you. I know I seem shallow at times but I'm not very good with words so saying something encouraging is hard for me but I feel it. Love ya sweetie. Praying for you. :)

Lynnie Ha said...

hey ruthie, i read your blog all the time, and i say, expand away!!!! i for one will read it all.

and your spread of appies was fantabulous.... such a blessing!

(((luvs)))

lynnie

Jenny said...

I'm starting hardcore on the 2nd. I'll probably see you at the gym. Good luck to the workouts and have an awesome New Years Eve!