Jan 14, 2009

a friend


I have a friend

And my heart is grateful,
For we have walked
the mountains of joy & the valleys of despair
side by side.

I am never unsure of her presence
as I walk through fire.
I know that in the darkest times,
when my head hangs heavy &
my eyes burn from crying,
when my legs are lead & I can't raise my eyes,
I can reach out my hand
& find hers there, grasping tightly to mine,
promising in that moment to never let go.
I couldn't ask for someone better to
show me the very precious love of Jesus.
She is His hands & feet to me &
I will never ever be able to thank her enough!

3 comments:

Lynnie Ha said...

friendship like that is precious.... :')

Christy said...

I am unworthy of this post...

but then you will tell me that I am worthy because He made me worthy!

Thanks Ruth! I love you!

starla said...

so beautiful! I knew right away you were talking about Christy! What a gift!!!