Apr 21, 2009

Calling all Book Owners!

I am on the lookout for books on my whopping big reading list!
If any of the books below grace your shelves and you are wiant to get rid of them, let me know!
I would rather own the books than rent them from the library...for some reason, they don't appreciate highlighting and notes in the books;). I have had a few of the books covered already, thank to some terrific friends, but still have lots to get!
So, if you can help me out, let me know!

*Note: Thanks to all you ladies who have helped me out in the book dept. already! I am very grateful!*

The List:
1) Simkin, The Birth Partner: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas, and All Other Labor Companions, 3rd edition, 2008


2) Gaskin, Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth, 2004

3) Newman & Pitman, Dr. Jack Newman’s Guide to Breastfeeding, 2000 (Available in Canada)
4) Placksin, Mothering the New Mother

5)
Klaus and Klaus, Your Amazing Newborn
6) Kennell and Klaus, Bonding

There is a list quite a bit longer that I might post later...they give you a choice of 3-5 titles that you can choose for each section. Eventually I would like to own all of them, but for now, I will settle for what is necessary.
Thank you!!! :)



2 comments:

Carin said...

so exciting Ruthie!! :)

Anita said...

Seriously, this is soooo awesome! I think you're going to be an AMAZING doula!
I'll keep my eyes out for books for you. You should type out your whole list and email it as an attachment. I always hunt through used bookstores, I'll keep your list with me.