Sep 30, 2009



Well, I know its been only one day, but I've changed my mind.

The main reason I have a blog is to encourage people. Whether its through sharing my pain, chaos & craziness of life, or through the hope, joy & purpose that I've found in my journey.
The last little while, I've lost sight of that. This summer has been packed full of hard circumstances. Fall outs with friends, false accusations, attacks on everything & everyone I value. It made me want to retreat and hide and keep my life very sacred and private.
But then today, I got a message that said I am a hope, comfort & inspiration to someone. ME??!!! That makes this all worth it. My life IS on display, whether I like it or not. I can, if I want to, hide it away or I can let it be on display. All the raw, uncut, human aspects of it. If God can use the jumbled heap of my life to speak to someone that they are not alone, then all of it is worth sharing...to anyone who may stumble across it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm proud of you Ruth!!!! I look forward to the mess!

Jenny said...

I agree with whomever messaged you. You are an inspiration. I love reading about your real struggles, your joys, pains and your relationship with God.
:)

starla said...

I'm so proud of you too Ruth! I have told you many times before and I'm sure many others have, maybe you dont' really allow yourself to believe me but you inspire and encourage me all the time. I often read your blog and think, wow, thats just what i needed to hear. i'm so glad you share so openly of your struggles and your joys! you spur me on, you are a kindred spirit!!Love you and miss you tons already!!!