Dec 9, 2009

"Precious in His sight, is the death of His saints"- Psalm 116:15




This is my grandma, who went "Home" yesterday at the age of 89.
She was a single mother to my dad & his older brother and sister.
She faithfully played bridge.
She loved the unloveable, which manifested in her taking in single moms, rejects, addicts etc... often and caring for them.
She was independant, honorable, educated, hard working.
She had the most beautiful hands. I used to sit on her lap when I was little, and I would run my fingers over her hands, following the wrinkles and veins, as she sang, Toora-Loora-Loo-Ral.
She wanted the best for her family.
She loved her grandchildren.
She raised a son, who became the best father.

I miss you already!


6 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. This post made me cry.

I think that middle picture is absolutely beautiful! It's one of the best I've seen in a long time. Imagine the stories that those hands could tell?? Love it...
thanks for sharing!
Hugs...

Tanya said...

(((HUGS))) I miss mine too...the memories never go away. She sounds like she was a beautiful woman. If you need anything...let me know. I'm sorry to read this...but rejoice with you in the fact that she is now in her eternal home, with your most loving Father! :)

Shan said...

I'm so sorry Ruth.
:_(

Gwen said...

Ah, Ruth. I'm sorry for your loss.

starla said...

love you guys, praying for you all right now.

J.G. said...

Im very sorry for your loss :(
Beautiful Pictures for you to remember.