Jan 27, 2011

Determined


This year WILL be one for change. Every year I post all the things I "hope" to do. This year there will be no excuse. I will get healthy. I will get organized. I will be more efficient, faithful, disciplined & effective. That is all.



Step 1) Walking 2 times a week (starting at 30 min) & doing BL Bootcamp once a week (increasing to 3 walks @ 60 minutes & BL Bootcamp twice a week)


Step 2) PURGE!!! Get rid of unnecessary possessions (beauty products, art supplies, magazines, etc...)

Step 3) Get Step 1 & 2 into play before adding more steps!

5 comments:

Lynnie Ha said...

ruthie, i think step 3 is very wise.... i'd have 10 steps all laid out, lol. good on ya. <3

Laurel said...

Yes, Ruth, what Lynnie said! That was my very first thought.

But, also, a suggestion for the purging. Ok, two suggestions... :D

1. No buying anything without getting rid of something first.

2. While standing before your next purchase, ask yourself three questions:
1. Can I afford it?
2. Do I need it?
3. Can I live without it?

I don't remember who came and spoke at Full Gospel in PG while we were still there, but that was the lesson we came away with, more than 25 years ago now. It was a valuable lesson at a time in our lives when we desparately needed to watch our every penny.

I will be praying for wisdom, Ruth! :)

amanda + daniel said...

I think I may adopt this plan as my own, as well. Perhaps we can encourage each other from afar. :) By the way, I love your blog background!

Carin said...

YAY you are blogging! I love your blogs and I love your goals! If you want a walking partner - I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to walk with you!

joni said...

hey great post ..

so how is your three step program coming??

((hint hint.. smile.. update!))