May 21, 2008

Moving along...

So we will be returning to the letter R, but I am going to continue on with the letters!



is for


Sunday


when God spoke hope to me again!



The Garden of My Life

I am afraid To plant this seed.The sun is warm,

The earth is rich and ready,

But the days go by, And still no planting.
Why? The springtime of my life Is passing, too.


And 6 years' planting in a willing soil has borne no living fruit.
So many times I've waited,


Hoped, believed, that God would perform a miracle...
Incredible, but common.

Nothing grew. And often times I feel

The mystery of life and growth
Is known to all but me, Or that reality
Is not as it appears to be.
I have a choice: To put aside this seed,
Leaving the planting to the proven growers,
Pretending not to care for gardening,
And knowing if I do not try I cannot fail.
Or plant, And risk again the well known pain
Of watching for the first brave green
And seeing only barren ground.
He also spoke about a seed, The mustard's tiny grain,
Almost too small to see, But, oh - the possibilities!
Those who doubt, who fear, Are not inclined to cultivate it.
But it was to them He spoke.
And God remembered
Sarah...Rachel...Hannah...Elizabeth...
The seed is in my hand, The trowel in the other;
I am going to the garden
And the Gardener,
Once more.

6 comments:

Christy said...

Wow that is beautiful Ruth! God is so good and so faithful and I can hardly wait to see what He does for you this year!!!!!

Jenny said...

That was beautiful! I agree with Christy, beautiful, amazing things are in store for you this year!

Tanya said...

Absolutely beautiful Ruth!

starla said...

just wondering who redid your blog?

starla said...

He who has began a good work will be faithful to complete it. Love you.

Anonymous said...

That was so beautiful and moving too. I cried. Really hard. Praying for you!!