May 21, 2008

R is for Ruth


Hi this is Mark. I have taken over from Ruth on the letter "R". I have done this with good reason. I will in short order explain why Ruth is an amazing gift from God. Ruth is completely genuine and as such has nothing to hide. What you see is what you get. She is the greatest friend I have ever known. She is radically devoted to her Lord and friend Jesus, and has a radical passion for his interests especially his people. She possesses many gifts, talents, and abilities. She is an advocate for the broken and downtrodden. She always stands up for the underdog. When it comes to the people that she loves she is like a lioness fighting to protect her young ones. Ruth has an adoptive heart towards all children. She is a mother to every child that comes into contact with her. She has a large capacity to love the so-called unlovely. When it comes to loving the underdog, I have always felt that I was the most unworthy of her affections yet she has found it in her heart to show me the unconditional love of our redeemer. I know that she will always stand by my side as my defense, my help, and my co-heir of life. I love you Lioness of the Lord.

8 comments:

Adam said...

Well said brother, well said.

Tanya said...

What a beautiful and moving post about "R"...you have the best "R" in the world!!

starla said...

Amen to that! what a gift she is to all who know her!

Jenny said...

That made me cry! What a beautiful tribute to your wife!!

joni said...

Mark.. that was beautiful.

Ruth... i would like us to be friends. so how about girl?
wanna go for a coffee or a walkabout.

Christy said...

Beautiful Mark!!! All of this is very true! I love Ruthie and so do my kids!!

Anonymous said...

So true and has been true of her her whole life. At least the last 15ish years that I have known her! She is one of the most beautiful people I know. :)

Anonymous said...

Ruth is amazing! Wonderful post, Mark. I cried!