Oct 21, 2008

Psalm 34


I WILL bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.

My life makes its boast in the Lord; let the humble and afflicted hear and be glad.

O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together.

I sought the Lord and required Him [of necessity and on the authority of His Word], and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

They looked to Him and were radiant; their faces shall never be covered in shame.

This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.

The Angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him [who revere and worship Him with awe] and each of them He delivers.

O taste and see that the Lord [our God] is good! Blessed is the man who trusts and takes refuge in Him.

O fear the Lord, you His saints [revere and worship Him]! For there is no want to those who truly revere and worship Him with godly fear.

The young lions lack food and suffer hunger, but they who seek the Lord, none of them shall lack any beneficial thing....

When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their distress and troubles.

The Lord is close to those who are of a broken heart and saves such as are crushed with sorrow for sin and are humbly and thoroughly penitent.

Many evils confront the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all.

He keeps all his bones; not one of them is broken....

The Lord redeems the lives of His servants, and none of those who take refuge and trust in Him shall be condemned or held guilty.

No comments: