Feb 24, 2009

Glorious Baking Success!!

Well, I am not a baker by any means, but I have discovered a new love for baking bread!
On Monday, I made a double batch of the yummiest bread!! I had enough to make cinnamon buns & 18 buns!! Yahoo!!
My baking attempts are almost never a success, seriously!
So imagine my joy when I pulled these little beauties out of the oven!!
Sheer Joy, I tell ya!

This is the recipe:

Dissolve 1/4 to 1/2 cup white sugar in two cups hot water
Sprinkle 1 1/2 tablespoons yeast on top of the water and let it proof (15 -20 min. is plenty)
Add 1/4 cup oil
A large pinch of salt
Stir in enough flour that the dough doesnt stick to your hands when you knead it (i think around 6 cups)
Knead dough for 2-4 minutes (my mom always says 100 times is best)
Put 2 tablespoons oil into a bowl and roll dough in it. Allow to rise until double in size
Punch down, split in half and put in two greased bread pans.
Allow to rise a second time
Bake in 350 oven for about 30 minutes until top is golden

3 comments:

Lynnie Ha said...

kneel down, ruthie.

(weilding my mixing spoon) "i hereby proclaim thee" (tap shoulder, tap shoulder) "a BAKER!!!!" (tap head)

:D

Tara said...

Glorious indeed! They look absolutely delicious and I can almost smell them through the monitor!!

Gwen said...

Yum.