Sep 18, 2009

Thanks to you


Wow...I am so grateful for all the encouragement that you all have given me the last couple days.
Its hard when you want to pour out all the contents of your heart but don't want to make matters worse. So, you bury it deep and it festers. Just being able to share that little bit, helped heaps! And, I feel like I can carry on. Mark & I were talking about this situation, and I shared that one of my greatest fears is that people will wrongly judge me or think that I am something that I'm not because of it. And so fear crept its way in and I placed myself in a cage again. One thing that Mark said to me last night is that my true friends, the friends that really love me are the ones who will deal with my failings and believe the best about me in spite of it.
That was a huge weight lifted off me. Sometimes it takes others to put it in perspective.

Thank you again for your words! They were like a healing salve to me. :)

2 comments:

Anita said...

High five to Mark for being a real partner.
You could make it through anything on your own, because you are the kind of woman who really could... but how amazing is it that you don't have to.

People who judge are people who are afraid. They WANT to see the worst in others so they don't have to focus on the not so great stuff they feel about themselves.

Feel sorry for them, but don't let them get in your way.
<3

Gwen said...

Good post.

It's hard to find the balance between total honesty (that makes the situation worse) and total supression (that makes you physically sick).

But I do know that covering up our weaknesses sets us up as false examples of perfect people -- it alienates people who feel they can never measure up to you; it places still more pressure on you, because you have to maintain an impossible standard of perfection; it prevents you from dealing with your problems, since you are forced to pretend you don't have any; and it robs others of the chance to minister to a hurting member of the Body.

Ask me how I know. :D

Sometimes it benefits everybody when we are honest about our weakness. You'd be amazed at how many people love you and want to see you reach your highest potential -- they are far more than those who want to keep you in that cage. :) Be encouraged, dear sister!