Jan 7, 2010



you know when you have those moments, those life-changing moments? those moments that radically shift your thinking and set you down a different path. one of those moments happened today.

i just finished my biggest loser bootcamp workout, and was just checking my facebook before i hopped in the shower. michelle aguilar (winner of biggest loser season 6) had updated. a while back, she had filmed a clip for the website 'i am second'. i watched the video again, and something broke in me. she said in the video that God began to strip her of her armor, which was her smile, and really make her face her battles. she said at the end, "when i came to the finale, i wasn't the same person who had started this journey. the scale would not define me, my weight would not define me, but all along, God was defining me!" something turned on in me.
and now that i can finally see through the tears, i am here to say.....

the scale will not define me
my weight will not define me
my insecurities will not define me
what i can do or not do will not define me
what i look like will not define me
impressing everyone will not define me

i will be defined by Jesus Christ. i will be defined in Him alone, because its in Him, that i have been made whole! i am a conqueror, because thats who He is in me!

5 comments:

Carin said...

YA!! GO RUTHIE GO!!!

Lynnie Ha said...

amen ruthie!!!! <3 <3 <3

Lollie said...

I heard a crowd of angels roar with cheers!!!
I love you Ruth!

Gwen said...

So... can we expect an update soon? ;)

Linda said...

Bless you, you're so inspiring! I LOVE the music you chose for your blog!!

Linda ( Starla's mommy)