Sep 24, 2008

What a day!

Today has been rotten so far! I feel horrible! I slept the majority of the night in the living room sitting uprsight in a chair; I thought that it would help my back not feel so awful.
But I was SOOO wrong!
I woke up at 6:30am with a headache so bad I could barely keep my eyes open. I crawled into our bed just as Mark was getting up for work. I fell asleep only to be assaulted with nightmare after nightmare! I woke up at 8:30, just as Jordie arrived. At 10:55, Jord and I headed to the car to go pick up Gracie from Kindergarten. I got Jord into the car seat and went to start the car and it was dead. I have no jumper cables and neither does any of the neighbors, so Jord and I had to quickly walk to Gracie's school to get her. So now, we are at home and I still have a headache the size of Texas & I'm caring for 2 children, good thing they are well-behaved!
I'm hoping the day can only get better from here!

*Update: Well, after my selfish 'its all about me' pout, I decided to go to the One who knows the future, sees my tantrums and sucky attitude and speaks Truth to me.
This is what He had to say:

1 Corinthians 4:15-40 (NLT)

15 All of this is for your benefit. And as God’s grace reaches more and more people, there will be great thanksgiving, and God will receive more and more glory.

16 That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. 17 For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! 18 So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.


1 comment:

Jenny said...

My morning started started off rough...for no other reason than me being grumpy.
Glad to hear the rest of your day was great!
Hope you get a good night's sleep tonight!