Jan 30, 2009

Older...

Lately I've been thinking of my age. I'm not sure why. Maybe because Mark & my Mom celebrate birthdays this month, but I suddenly feel old. Ok, I'm not trying to make those in their 30's, 40's & up feel awful, but I really do feel this way. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel at 28, but I don't think this is it.

I came before the camcorder , DNA fingerprinting & the artificial heart.


I was born before Thriller & Liposuction & Nintendo


I'm older than Natalie Portman, Justin Timberlake, Jennifer Hudson, Amy Lee, Jake Gyllenhall & Ryan Gosling.



Maybe because I'm not a mom yet, and my physical body feels like time is running out. Or because I'm on the road to fit, but not there yet.
I'm not sure why, but this is me, at 28, feeling 45. :(

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I feel the opposite. I'm 38 but feel like I'm 28. If I sit down and think about the numbers I think,"man I am old...12 years and I'll be 50!!!"but age really is irrelevant.
Gosh in my days we had the clicker...a remote that actually clicked. The tvs were big huge floor models....stereos took up half the room, with record players. 8 track tape players, and man to do a simple command on a computer took a half page of writing to make it do!!
Oy...
Now I might be feeling old!